Join us for the 20th annual Electronic Arts Student Showcase in the Plaster Student Union Theatre on Monday, May 13 from 6:30-9 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Doors open at 6 p.m.
The showcase will feature six senior projects:
1. Regional Rythms -- an ambitious audio project led by a team of Audio Studies students who traveled across the midwest, documenting their journey to gather music samples across the midwest in an effort to capture the regional rhythms of the Heartland.
2. Cult for a Day -- a short dramatic madcap-comedy. When Grace and Avery discover that they are part of a "cult for a day scam" they race to escape the Flora First Commune.
3. Emotion Machine -- EA's first concept album. A tale of restoring emotion to the human race many years in the future. Featuring a live music performance.
4. Recoiled -- an amazing short animation that tells the story of two sisters who discover the beauty of being themselves in a world that tries to make us conform to one universal ideal of beauty.
5. Ouroborus -- a narrative podcast about Emma, a young woman who undertakes psychological counseling with the help of a Artificial Intelligence counselor named Gus. Come listen to a sample from EA's first-ever podcast project.
6. Fractal: What If It's Poison -- an experimental narrative film that explores a young social media professional's attemps to understand and absord the impact of her recently failed relationship. In an age of screens and social media, what does it mean to be genuine and real?
Join us on May 13 in the PSU Theatre for an amazing evening of work created by Electronic Arts students at Missouri State University.